Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hey Look! Pajamajeans

A friend of mine just passed along a fabulous fashion tip I want to share with all of you. Pajamajeans. Really. Jeans that look like, well, jeans but feel like pajamas.  If my male readers are disappointed, don’t worry. They come in eight sizes and go all the way up to a  3XL so I’m sure there’s a size in there for everyone. Oddly, all sizes come in a 31” inseam.
There are no pesky zippers or buttons—great for avoiding that whole muffin top syndrome. Not that I would know anything about that. The ad says they have European styling. Does that mean the wearer will look like a gorgeous French mademoiselle or an Italian bombshell in them?  If that's the case, then it is $39.95 well spent.
You may scoff but do you know what these are perfect for? FREELANCE WRITERS. Seriously, we’re always looking for something a little more upscale than yoga pants but not quite as confining as jeans.  
I can just picture it now. “Mom, those jeans look like pajamas. Hey, didn’t you sleep in them last night?” I respond, “Honey, Mommy is a FREELANCE WRITER. We dress for comfort. A FREELANCE WRITER cannot wear constrictive clothing when she is attempting to string words together.  And no, these are not pajamas. They are jeans.”
The ad claims they are stylish, sexy, soft and comfortable. The last time I checked, stylish and sexy did not belong in the same category with soft and comfortable. Are we going to see these in the Victoria’s Secret catalog? I think not.
I swear the  girl on the ad looks like Kim Kardashian. I’m going to go out on a limb here, but I’m thinking that the gals who buy pajamajeans aren’t exactly shopping in the same clothing store as Ms. Kardashian.  
Obviously, I’ve been a little skeptical. But check this out. To sweeten the deal, they are offering a FREE grey, crewneck t-shirt with every order. I’m sold. Because that’s not something you can find just anywhere. 

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I need to be comfortable and able to move easily when I work at births too. Do you think these could work for me and allow a moderately professional image too? When you get your pair, be sure to let me know.

    ReplyDelete